Professor Tony Young PhD FRCS(Urol)
- National Clinical Lead for Innovation NHS England
- Consultant Urological Surgeon and Clinical Lead for Innovation
- Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Innovation lead Essex Success Regime/STP
- President Institute of Decontamination Sciences
- Director of Medical Innovation, Anglia Ruskin University
Tony is a practicing frontline NHS surgeon, Director of Medical Innovation at Anglia Ruskin University, and has founded 4 Med-Tech start-ups. He has also co-founded the £500m Anglia Ruskin MedTech Campus which is set to become one of the world’s largest health innovation spaces.
In 2014 he was appointed as National Clinical Director for Innovation at NHS England and in February 2016 became the first National Clinical Lead for Innovation. In this role he provides clinical leadership and support in delivering improved health outcomes in England and drives the uptake of proven innovations across the NHS, promotes economic growth through innovation and helps make the NHS the go to place on the planet for medical innovation. In 2015 he founded the NHS Clinical Entrepreneur programme. This has become the world’s largest entrepreneurial workforce development programme for clinicians.