Professor Shakeel R. Saeed. MBBS, M.D., F.R.C.S (ORL)
Professor of Otology / Neuro-otology University College London, Ear Institute, Consultant ENT and Skullbase Surgeon, Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital, and National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London
Graduated from King’s College, London 1985. Doctorate thesis awarded 2003. Previous consultant ENT and skullbase surgeon in Manchester 1999-2008. Professorial appointment in London since 2008.
Extensive experience in lateral skullbase surgery and implantation otology – leading UK opinion in this field.
- Over 2000 complex ear surgeries
- 401 cochlear implant surgeries
- 20 auditory Brainstem Implant surgeries
- 318 vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma) surgeries
- General Secretary of the European Academy of Otology and Neurotology 2017-2019
- President of the Royal Society of Medicine, Section of Otology 2013-2014
- President of the British Skullbase Society 2013-2015
- President of the British Society of Academic Otorhinolaryngology 2011-2016
- Vice-President of the British Cochlear Implant Group 2011-2015
- Chairman of the BACO 2015 Academic committee
- Collegium Oto-Rhino-Laryngologicum Amicitiae Sacrum (by nomination)
- Medicine and Clinical Trials Group lead, UCL Ear Institute
- Clinical Director of The Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital
- Active in otological research and peer review
- Over 100 peer-reviewed publications
- Over 250 presentations and scientific meetings nationally and internationally
Professor Saeed is currently a leading surgeon and researcher in disorders of the ear, hearing, balance, facial nerve and skullbase. He manages patients from all over the UK as well internationally.