- Full Professor in Otorhinolaryngology – University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
- Chairman and Head – Dept. of Otorhinolaryngology, ASST dei 7 Laghi, Ospedale di
Circolo Fondazione Macchi, Varese, Italy
- Director of the Surgical Specialities Department, ASST dei 7 Laghi, Ospedale di Circolo
Fondazione Macchi, Varese, Italy
- Director of the “Head & Neck Surgery and Forensic Dissection Research Center”, Dept.
of Biotechnology and Life Sciences (DBSV), University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
- Vicar-Director Dept. of Biotechnology and Life Sciences (DBSV), University of Insubria,
- Head Department of Neurological Surgery, Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi,
Varese, Italy (July 2013-December 2013)
- His main interests are focused on endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery since the late 80’s. Besides inflammatory lesions of the paranasal sinuses, he has extensive surgical experience and skills in the endoscopic management of neoplasms of the sinonasal tract and skull base (CSF leaks, sellar and parasellar) lesions.
- Guest Speaker and Faculty Member in several International Congresses and Meetings
throughout the world, giving more than 500 official presentations and invited lectures.
Guest Operating Surgeon in more than 50 National and International courses with live-
- He has performed more than 7000 surgical operations, including more than 500 major
procedures in collaboration with the neurosurgical team. Publication:146 peer-reviewed
original works printed in full; 61 indexed original articles; more than 100 chapters in
- Honorary Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh (FRCSEd)
- Fellow of American College of Surgeon (FACS)
- Honorary member of Belgian ENT Society
- Corresponding member of Spanish ENT Society
- President of Italian Academy of Rhinology (IAR) (2012-2015)
- Board member of the Italian skull base society (Società Italiana Basicranio, SIB)