Wednesday 4 July 2018, 16.45-17.45
Getting into ENT Training- How to Prepare your Portfolios for ST1 and ST3 ENT Applications
Alexander Yao, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
Michaella Cameron, North West London Deanery
• To provide medical students and trainees with the knowledge and strategies required to score highly on the ST1 ENT and ST3 ENT portfolio station.
Outline of the session:
• Overview of CST, ST1 ENT (run-through pilot) and ST3 ENT applications. (15 mins)
• Run through of ST1 ENT/Core Surgical Training (CST) Portfolio scoring criteria. Lecture format. (15 mins)
• Run through of ST3 ENT Portfolio scoring criteria. Lecture format. (15 mins)
• Flexible session with 15 minutes for: Questions, Portfolio Feedback, and Example Portfolios. (15 mins)
o There will be a Questions and Answers session.
o Participants will be permitted to bring in their own portfolios for feedback from the instructors.
o The trainees will be allowed to look through examples of a ST3 ENT portfolio and ST1 ENT (CST) portfolio.
• Know in broad terms the application process for ST1 and ST3 ENT interviews.
• Know what is required to score highly on the ST1 ENT and ST3 ENT portfolios.
• Know some strategies how to improve each of the areas of these portfolios.
Who the session is aimed at:
• Medical students
• Foundation doctors
• Core surgical trainees